After great feedback from our CBD-infused summer recipes, we have decided to create CBD-infused fall recipes for the upcoming season! There’s so many ways to incorporate CBD into your daily routine, food and beverages is one of them!
We hope you enjoy these tasty recipes. (Don’t worry pumpkin-spice latte lovers, we didn’t forget about you!)
CBD Pumpkin Spice Latte
Servings- 2 cups
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut milk (can substitute for almond milk or dairy milk)
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 40-50mg Heaven’s Organics Fresh Orange CBD oil
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat add the coffee, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Heat for 3-5 minutes, or until hot, do not boil.
- While the coffee is cooking, add the coconut milk to the frothing pitcher and place over medium heat.
- When the temperature reaches between 100-150 degrees, you can begin to use the frother. Remove the pitcher from heat and continue to froth when the temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Move the frother in a circular, up & down motion, until aprox. 2 inches of foam is formed.
- Divide the coffee mixture between two mugs and add the desired amount of CBD oil.
- Using a spoon to hold back the foam, add the hot milk to each cup. Aim for a 2:1 milk to coffee ratio.
- Spoon the remaining foam into each mug. Top with nutmeg if desired.
Notes: When cooking with CBD, Ensure your liquid never reaches a temperature above 240 degrees F.
CBD Mini Donut Holes
Servings- 5 to 6 dozen donut holes
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- canola oil, for frying
- 300 mg Heaven’s Organics Fresh Lemon CBD oil
- Set aside ¾ cup of sugar. Mix the rest of the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the milk, butter, vanilla, egg, and CBD oil and mix until well blended.
- Combine with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add 4-inches of oil to a 6-qt. saucepan and heat to 350°F
- Roll batter into “miniture” sized dough balls – about 1/2 oz. each.
- Carefully place dough balls into the oil. Fry until golden brown (about 2 to 3 minutes). Work in small batches. Note: The batter will be a little sticky. This is normal.
- Remove cooked donut holes from oil and place on a wire rack.
- Let cool completely, then roll in remaining sugar.
Notes: Us here at Heaven’s Organics LOVED these paired with some warm apple cider. It really set the fall mood for us!
CBD Sausage and Squash Pizza
Servings- 2 pizzas
- 5 oz butternut squash 140g (peeled weight)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 hot Italian sausage (or other flavorful sausage, approx. 4oz/110g)
- 1/2 onion medium, or 1/4 large
- 8 oz pizza dough 225g (homemade or bought)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce 60ml
- 2 oz mozzarella 60g
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup parmesan 15g, approx.
- 200-300 mg Heaven’s Organics Fresh Orange CBD oil
Ahead of time:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Peel and de-seed the squash and cut into small chunks. Put in a small oven dish in a single layer and toss with around half the oil. Roast for approx. 30 minutes until tender and just starting to brown. Set aside (can be cooled and stored in fridge overnight).
- Cook the sausage as you prefer – broil/grill/pan fry until cooked through. Set aside and slice in medium slices.
- Thinly slice the onion and fry in a small skillet in the remaining olive oil until soft and just starting to brown. Set aside.
- Mix the tomato sauce and the CBD oil together in a small to medium bowl
When Ready to Cook:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Flatten out the pizza dough and spread out as thinly as you can on the parchment. Top with the tomato sauce mixture leaving a thin edge without sauce.
- Top the tomato sauce with the cooked onions, roasted squash and sausage slices, spreading them out evenly. Slice up the mozzarella and dot over the pizza.
- Sprinkle over the cranberries and then top with the parmesan/pecorino. Bake for approximately 40 minutes in the middle of the oven until the crust is golden brown.
Notes: Because of the boiling point of CBD oil, we must bake the pizza at a lower temperature, so the bake time is a little longer than normal pizza! Don’t worry, it is still just as good. Ensure you do not cook the pizza above 350F.
Enjoy, and Happy Fall Y’all!