We take a look at Rosemary and Licorice Root:
A brief history on Rosemary and Licorice Root:
Rosemary is not just found in your kitchen cabinet! Rosemary has been making its way into our skincare products. The name Rosemary originates from the Latin word Rosmarinus officinalis, which translates to “dew of the sea.” Rosemary is an evergreen shrub with needle-like leaves and blue flowers that can easily grow to six feet. Rosemary is a member of the mint family and is very aromatic. Now that we know a little history about Rosemary, let’s talk about how this fragrant herb can benefit your skin!
Licorice Root is the root of the Glycyrrhiza glabra. Known as “sweet root,” licorice root is 50 times sweeter than sugar! Licorice root has been used since ancient times and possesses a ton of skin care benefits. Interestingly, much of this root was found bundled in King Tut’s Tomb, as it was believed to be a remedy for many ailments. Licorice is a perennial herb and a member of the legume family. Licorice Root is native to Southern Europe and Asia. Now, let’s look at the skincare benefits this sweet herb has to offer!
Benefits of using Rosemary and Licorice Root on your skin:
- Rosemary and Licorice Root contain an abundance of nutrients and antioxidants which promotes healthy skin. These powerful antioxidants help protect your skin from damage often caused by the sun and free radicals.
- Rosemary and Licorice Root contain anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce skin conditions that cause redness, puffiness, and itching.
- Rosemary and Licorice Root have natural antimicrobial and antifungal properties. They help in disinfecting the skin and destroying the growth of microorganisms, making it suitable for acne-prone skin.
- Rosemary improves skin’s circulation and gets blood flowing to your skin’s surface reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Licorice Root helps to tighten and firm the skin.
- Rosemary and Licorice Root hydrates the skin.
- Rosemary and Licorice Root help with hyperpigmentation giving your skin a more even skin tone. Glabridin is a component found in Licorice Root which is a natural skin lightening agent.
- Rosemary and Licorice Root can help suppress skin conditions such as eczema, rosacea, and dermatitis.
Who benefits from using Rosemary and Licorice Root in their skincare routine?
- Anyone who wants to improve the appearance of their skin and to help prevent future damage.
- People with skin irritations such as redness or puffiness.
- People with oily skin, acne or anti-aging concerns.
- And the list goes on….
Other steps you can do to care for your skin:
- Stay properly hydrated. It is recommended to drink at least eight glasses of water per day for overall health including your skin’s health. Drink less caffeinated and sugar filled beverages.
- Eat a well-balanced diet that includes vegetables of different colors, healthy fats, complex carbohydrates, and lean meats. Avoid or limit processed foods and foods that contain sugar.
- Apply sunblock and avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Did you know that your skin is exposed to UVA rays while you are driving in your car? UVA rays can pass through glass so be sure to apply sun protectant daily.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking decreases blood flow reducing the skin of oxygen and nutrients.
- Manage your stress levels.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Inadequate sleep can increase the stress hormone cortisol in your body.
- Make sure your hands are clean before touching your face in order to prevent transfer of any bacteria.
- Exercise. Exercising increases blood flow giving your skin a healthy glow and sweating clears your body of toxins.
- Be consistent. Follow your skincare regimen daily, in the morning and in the evening.
- Give it time and be patient. It may take several weeks to see a difference in your skin’s appearance.
Your skin is the largest most important organ and its primary function is to protect. Your skin is constantly under attack from the sun’s damage, air pollution, and other damaging free radicals. Healthy beautiful skin is a lifelong process, creating a skin care routine today can help you to have beautiful skin for your future. Be sure to treat your skin with the upmost care, that is why incorporating natural remedies into your skin care regimen, such as Rosemary and Licorice Root, is great for treating common skin conditions and helping to achieve healthy glowing skin. We all know, that when you look good you feel good!
Heaven’s Organics CBD mask is packed with 10mg of Premium CBD and 8 powerful plant extracts to hydrate, rejuvenate, and soothe your skin.
✔️ Premium CBD extract, 10mg
✔️ Asiatic Pennywort extract, known to repair nervous tissue and often used to treat a variety of skin conditions
✔️ Japanese Knotweed extract, to speed up healing of any wounds or skin imperfections
✔️ Baikal Skullcap root extract, used in some traditional Chinese medicine
✔️ Tea Tree leaf extract, to energize and rejuvenates the skin
✔️ Licorice root extract, to improve blood circulation
✔️ Roman Chamomile flower extract, ideal for soothing skin and inflammation
✔️ Rosemary flower extract and fragrance, a powerful antioxidant
✔️ Quillaja Saponaria bark extract (natural foaming agent)
Heaven’s Organics has THE BEST CBD FACE MASK on the market!
Remember, this is the only skin you get, it protects you, so care for it as best you can. Check out our amazing revitalizing and nourishing CBD Face mask with Rosemary and Licorice root https://heavensorganics.com/product/cbd-face-mask/